5 Ways to Fight off your Cold and Boost Immunity.
Updated: Mar 15
These are my top five things for when I am feeling a little run down:
1. ZINC- this trace mineral has been a game changer in my life and I end up taking it all year -round for multiple reasons, but it really helps battle a cold or if you are fighting off a virus. I am not a huge ‘supplement person’ but this one is top 3 for me.
2. GINGER- I go straight to ginger root tea. I have tried many methods throughout the years and my favorite is to boil water in my electric kettle and pour it over fresh grated ginger root in a mug. Ginger has a way of boosting our immune system, warming the body, acting as an anti-inflammatory, and may help dry up you cough or sinus congestion.
3. EPSOLM SALT or MAGNESIUM CRYSTALS- Whether you are sick or not, adding this into your bath and soaking for 20 or so minutes can help you have a better night sleep, fight inflammation, and remove toxins from the body. I linked my favorite bath recipe here. Epsom salt baths are known to allow magnesium to absorb through the skin provide anti-inflammatory benefits and sooth aches and pains. Here is my favorite brand, but you can find them at most health food stores!
4. SOUP…Pretty mandatory in my book when I am feeling off. Here is Medical Mediums healing broth!! Soup allows your body to easily digest herbs and vegetables that are rich in minerals and nutrients.
5. ESSENTIAL OILS- The “On Guard” from Doterra or “Thieves” blend from Young Living are great to have on hand. I use a carrier oil (coconut oil, argon oil, or any other neutral oil) and rub the blend on the bottoms of my feet, my inner wrists and the back of my neck. They are also extremely effective in a diffuser. These oils have a distinct cinnamon and clove aroma, which are known to have antimicrobial properties, and strengthen the immune system.
Lastly, LOTS OF REST AND WATER. I implement less technology and try to read, and just relax.
P.S. None of these brands are sponsored, they truly are my go-to remedies!!
Hope this helps!!