TOP 5 Anti-Viral Tips!
There is a lot going on right now and I want to continue to support this community anyway I can. Here are some of my favorite supplements and foods that have anti-viral properties and would be great to think about incorporating into your routine! If you don't have the ability to get some of these supplements, don't worry! I believe in the whole puzzle when it comes to boosting our immune system. In my opinion, sleep, relieving stress, staying hydrated, eating nourishing foods, and exercise are just as important.
1. Lemon Balm- is in the mint family and known to improve cognitive function, help anxiety, and also contains antiviral properties. There are a few ways to consume lemon balm: tea,
non-alcoholic liquid tincture, and fresh herbs. Fresh lemon balm can be steeped in hot water or placed outside in a glass pitcher of water to steep in the sun! My favorite lemon balm tincture is from Vimergy, super great to have on hand. Lastly, here is my favorite grab and go tea bags.
2. Thyme- this herb is amazing to cook with or to use as an immune boosting and anti-viral tea. Simply steep 2 fresh thyme springs and strain for tea. Another option is to fill a glass pitcher with water and add fresh thyme sprigs and let it soak overnight and strain and place in the fridge and drink as needed. If you do not have access to fresh thyme dried thyme would be the next best thing!
3. Raw Garlic- this has to be one of the strongest anti-viral out there. Feel free to incorporate it in the kitchen as many ways as you can. Here is a Medical Medium recommended juice:
Turmeric-Ginger Shots Recipe
These fiery, immune-boosting shots are a tasty variation on the turmeric-ginger serum I mentioned above. A go-to option for the first sign of a cold, these shots will help your body fight back against anything that tries to come against it!
4 inches turmeric
4 inches fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves
Directions: One at a time, run each ingredient through the juicer, keeping the juices separate.
Combine 1 teaspoon turmeric juice, 1 teaspoon ginger juice, 1/4 teaspoon garlic juice, and 1/4 cup of orange juice in a small glass.
Stir to combine and drink immediately.
Note: the amount of ingredients necessary will vary greatly based on the juicer that is used.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
4. Liquid Zinc Sulfate- this supplement is known to feed the immune system, and slow down viruses in the body. Here is my daily supplement.
5. B12 with Adenosylcobalamin and Methylcobalamin- It's been known to boost our bodies ability to fight off viruses and to help protect our central nervous system. My favorite one here.
I will be sending out more soon but I wanted to get out some information on my favorite go-to's. I am not sponsored by Vimergy or any brand, I simply love their product and they are one of the only brands I know that doesn't use alcohol as a filler!
Please reach out about your favorite supplements and any way I can support you in this time and always!